1. Don’t be upset when I jump for joy when you come through the door.
I only live for ten or fifteen years. You are what makes that time enjoyable. It’s hard on me when you go away.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
I don’t always get it right on the first try, but I promise I’m trying as hard as I can.
3. Please don’t lock me up to punish me.
4. Just like I trust you, I need you to trust me, too.
5. Take me inside when the weather gets bad.
The backyard doesn’t have air conditioning or a heater. You don’t have to let me on the couch, but a small part of the kitchen is much better than sleeping in the snow.